If you haven’t yet discovered our Governance Resources section on our website, please do have a browse. While Board Voice is an umbrella organization that supports itself through membership fees, our resources page is wide open to any non-profit board looking for some help with the various issues that come up for volunteer boards.
We’re grateful to organizations such as Imagine Canada, Charity Village and BoardSource for making available a rich trove of free resources for non-profit boards. Board Voice staff regularly scan these organizations’ sites and email newsletters from them to find new resources to share. As you’ll see, we’ve categorized these resources into a number of useful categories:
- Tools to assess and improve your board
- Financial processes
- Thoughtful and impactful governance
- Recruitment and retention of senior leadership
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Decolonization and reconciliation
- Conflict resolution
- Templates and tips for hiring
- Tools for engagement
- Succession planning
Have a look, and come back often. We’re always adding new resources.