BOARD VOICE SOCIETY
Part 1 – Name
- The name of the Society is “BOARD VOICE SOCIETY” (the“Society”).
Part 2 – Purposes
- The purposes of the Society are:
(a) To educate the public about community-based social services (through workshops, seminars and similarr events);
(b) To benefit communities within British Columbia by promoting volunteerism and effective public participation with community organizations by providing training and resources to volunteer boards operating in the social services sector;
(c) to benefit communities within British Columbia by promoting the value of collaborative high quality community-based social services;
(d) to effectively champion communities and the community-based social services sector by increasing awareness of issues that are of concern to the community;
(e) To provide financial assistance to other charitable or non-profit organizations having purposes consistent with those of the Society for the advancement of their charitable and philanthropic activities
(f) To receive, acquire, hold, maintain, invest, administer, distribute, and operate all types of property, directly or indirectly, through any form of ownership or to dispose of such property to charitable organizations that are qualified donees under the Income Tax Act of Canada in furtherance of the purposes of the Society stated in paragraphs (a) to (e) above; and
(g) to do all such things as are incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the purposes of the Society.
Part 3 – Non-Profit
- The Society is constituted exclusively for non-profit purposes and must not distribute any gain, profit or dividend or otherwise dispose of its assets to a member of the Society without receiving full and valuable consideration, and any profits or other accretions to the Society shall be used in promoting the purposes of the Society. This clause is unalterable.
Part 4 – Directors
- The directors of the Society shall serve without remuneration and directors shall not receive, directly or indirectly, any profits from their position as directors but may be paid expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties. This clause is unalterable.
Part 5 – Location
- The operations of the Society are to be chiefly carried out in the Province of British Columbia. This clause is alterable.
Part 6 – Dissolution
- In the event of dissolution or winding up of the Society, all of its remaining assets, after payment of liabilities, shall be distributed to such charities, registered under the provisions of the Income Tax Act, or such qualified donees allowed under the Income Tax Act, having objectives similar to the Society, as shall be designated by the members at a meeting of the Society by two-thirds or a greater number of the voting members of the Society who are present at the meeting. This clause is unalterable.