Board Voice is a unique organization: we are the only group dedicated to supporting the board members of community benefit organizations. We do this in three main ways: advocacy, governance and networking. Here are some suggestions for getting the most out of your Board Voice membership:
- Email: Our emails are sent to the ED, voting representative and alternate voting representative. We ask that one of the recipients forward the emails on to the rest of the board. Often these emails will draw your attention to emerging issues or advocacy issues.
- Standing Item: Have Board Voice as a standing item on your board meeting agenda. An interesting email post can be printed, circulated and discussed at the meeting.
- Questions: We thrive on questions. Do you have a tricky governance question or and advocacy issue – let us know! Perhaps others are experiencing the same issues and could benefit from your question.
- Get involved: Do you have some spare time? Would you like to get more involved with Board Voice activities? You can join one of our committees and share your skills or develop new ones. Maybe you would like to join our very active board?
- Spread the word: do you know other organizations who would benefit from Board Voice membership? Let them know about us! We can arrange to have a Board Voice board member go out and talk to them – networking is one of the most important aspects of Board Voice.
- Conference/AGM: attend our yearly conference. Our conference and annual general meeting are consistently rated very highly by our attendees. We aim to bring an interesting and thought-provoking agenda, as well as lots of time to network with other board members from across the province. Save the date: November 17 and 18 at the Coast Hotel in Vancouver.
Our There is a Better Way: A BC Framework for Wellbeing survey is still up! Please forward this link to your networks and encourage them to respond.